Is John Galliano suing Dior?
After his 2011 trial, and subsequent firing from Dior, John Galliano has been all but absent from the news (save for being stripped of his Legion of Honour award last week)
Photo by Keystone Press
Over a year and a half after being found guilty of making public insults and anti-Semitic comments, reports have surfaced that the designer plans to sue the fashion house.
- Lifestyle TV: Archive: Galliano found guilty of anti-Semitism
- Bing: The life of designer John Galliano
According to the Telegraph, Galliano has filed a suit against his former employer for over €15 million (or $18.85 million). While details are not yet know what Galliano plans to sue for, one would guess that it may have something to do with his name-tarnishing termination, which included an ousting from his own eponymous label. The paper speculates that the trial will begin February 2013.
More from Flare:
- John Galliano Stripped of Legion of Honour Award
- First Look: Carine Roitfeld for M.A.C.
- Fashion's Night Out: Special Edition Designs
- Fall 2012 Fashion Trend Report
What are your thoughts on baby names?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I like trendy names that make the annual list of most popular names.
- I prefer unique names with different spellings.
- I stand by classic names that will never get old.
- I have no opinion.