Milan always dishes up lots of velvet, silk and fur but for fall it was an over-abundant feast of riches. (pictured), the most directional collection, dished up big chunky jewels stitched to the hems of trousers in '70s inspired geometric patterns and scattered over bodices of black dresses. Dolce & Gabbana took the baroque route and featured all black and gold brocade outfits on every single model in their finale - yes, even the knee socks and knickers were covered in gold.
Related stories from Flare
- STREET STYLE: MILAN FASHION WEEK FALL 2012
- TOP 10 TRENDS: LONDON FASHION WEEK
- TOP 10 TRENDS: NEW YORK FASHION WEEK FALL 2012
- 10 BEST DRESSED: 2012 ACADEMY AWARDS
More Lifestyle Videos
Have your say
What excites you most about fall?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Cooler weather
- Cozy fashion
- Kids are back in school
- I'm NOT excited about fall
- None of the above