From braids to blowouts, hair DIYs are as easy as 1-2-3 when you our super-simple step-by-step guide
The loop ponytail gives a chic, clean finish to a simple hairstyle.
1. First, spray your hair with hairspray to create a smooth surface.
2. Then, pull your hair back into a low ponytail and secure with a hair elastic.
3. Use your fingers to separate your hair above the ponytail holder, creating a hole that is centred above the ponytail holder.
4. Lift the ponytail up and over your ponytail holder, right into the hold you've created, then push your hair all the way through.
5. Pull the ponytail outwards to tighten, and you're finished!
- Lifestyle TV: How to make hair colour last longer
- What your hair says about you
- Don't make these hair mistakes
More stories from iVillage.ca
- 12 Temporary and Regret-Free DIY Hair Makeovers
- Top Tips From iVillage.ca's Get Great Hair Community Challenge
- Bye-Bye Beach Hair: 8 Products to Revitalize Your Sun-Stressed Tresses
- Overnight Makeover Products to Get You Gorgeous While Sleeping
Since Kim Kardashian, Anne Hathaway and the Duchess of Cambridge have all started the new year with a bang, we're checking out whether the celebs look ... More Since Kim Kardashian, Anne Hathaway and the Duchess of Cambridge have all started the new year with a bang, we're checking out whether the celebs look better with or without their new forehead covers.
Date 13-01-30, Duration 1:45, Views 11011
Episode 1019Aired 12-10-19 4:21Clip
Tooltip Information:Today:Oils go beyond the kitchen to nourish hair, skinSeason 2012 : Episode 1019 onDescription: Oct. 19: Lilliana Vazquez of cheapchicas.com shows TODAY’s Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb which essential oils are must-haves for every woman’s beauty routine, including peppermint oil to promote healthy, clear skin and tea tree oil for a happy scalp.Rating: 4Views: 892
Episode 1010Aired 12-10-10 4:21Clip
Tooltip Information:Today:Hair secrets of Victoria Beckham, Eva LongoriaSeason 2012 : Episode 1010 onDescription: Oct. 10: During his 18-year career in Hollywood, hair stylist Ken Paves has worked with numerous A-listers, from Kerry Washington to Eva Longoria. He shares how you can get some of his favorite red carpet styles, including Victoria Beckham’s long braid and Whitney Port’s ombre style.Rating: 4Views: 1320
Episode 1019Aired 12-10-19 2:04Clip
Tooltip Information:Today:Products that act like makeup for your hairSeason 2012 : Episode 1019 onDescription: Oct. 19: TODAY’s beauty expert Bobbie Thomas shares hair-styling products that act as primer to extend your style, along with powder to add volume, and a foaming color that’s like “lip gloss for your locks.”Rating: 4Views: 645
Episode 0905Aired 12-09-05 4:03Clip
Tooltip Information:Today:Keep hair looking sleek with best spray, shampooSeason 2012 : Episode 0905 onDescription: Sept. 5: After reviewing more than 1,700 hair products, Prevention magazine has named six winners in the “best hair” category of their Celebrate Your Beauty awards. Jennifer Goldstein of Prevention reveals the top shampoo, conditioner, and more.Rating: 3Views: 4844