Cute winter hair accessories like berets and warm woolen scarves come with an unfortunate downside - they can leave you with lifeless locks. The close contact with your scalp can trap in moisture and send your sebaceous glands into overdrive.
Add more bounce to your hair by giving it a flip. The gravitational pull will give your roots a lift. Next, use a hairspray. "Spray your roots and massage it in with your fingertips, almost like you're teasing it a bit, and then bring your hair back up," says German. "This quick trick will instantly fluff your hair back up."
FLARE pick: John Frieda Luxurious Volume Anytime Volume Refresher, $10.49.
- Lifestyle TV: How to deal with winter hair
- The most inspiring short haircuts
- Celeb hair inspiration: Hot styles with bangs
More Stories from Flare
- Best Celebrity Hairstyles
- 31 Celebrity Hairstyles To Steal For Your Wedding
- Celebrity Hair How-To
- 5 Finds For Dry Winter Skin
More Lifestyle Videos
Have your say
What are your thoughts on baby names?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I like trendy names that make the annual list of most popular names.
- I prefer unique names with different spellings.
- I stand by classic names that will never get old.
- I have no opinion.