In middle school your teacher told you they were caused by crossing you legs too much. Though that's not impossible, you're more likely to get these long, treelike lines all over your legs from your DNA. In fact, spider veins, otherwise known as telangiectasias, affect nearly half of adult women in the U.S. "Veins have areas that act as one way-valves to prevent the blood from flowing backward as it moves toward the heart," says Dr. Rob Schwarcz, M.D. "If these valves become weak, blood can back up into the vein and collect there. Pooled blood enlarges the vein and pushes it closer to the surface." Yuck!
- Will you inherit your mother's face?
- Control the fate of your figure, here's how!
- How does your body compare to other women?
More from Real Beauty
- 33 Best Skincare Products Ever
- Hair Mistakes That Will Make You Cringe
- How to Look Insanely Good After a Breakup
- The 8 Best Mascaras Out There
- 15 Foods That Make Sex Better Than Ever
Date 13-09-19 2:22
Tooltip Information:Kat Dennings Vs Beth Behrs -2 Broke Girls Style BattleVideo by:Description: Max vs Caroline? Curvy Vs Thin? Which Broke Girl is your style icon?Rating: 3Views: 4354