What if you could substitute the dark stuff for your morning OJ? That's the good news coming from Australia's Monash University, where they found a daily shot of Jack could provide the same antioxidant benefits as the recommended intake of Vitamin C. When whiskey is stored in oak barrels to mature, it also absorbs compounds that sheath our body's healthy cells. Another whiskey substance — ellagic acid, which is found in fruits we eat— is said to help fight cancer by absorbing rogue cells, according to a 2005 conference in Glasgow, Scotland.
- 25 superfoods for your entire body
- Prevent high blood pressure with these foods
- 6 foods that fight bad breath
More from Esquire
- Funny Jokes from Beautiful Women
- Hilarious Dating Advice from Sexy Celebs
- Celeb Chef's Favorite Fast Food Joints
- How Much Coffee Is Too Much and More Truths from Dr. Oz
- Are You Stylish Enough to Win $20,000? Find Out Here!