From keeping dishes in the same colorway to hanging breezy curtains on your patio, these calming, clean looks are sure to help create a feeling of serenity.
Decorate With Real Furniture in Your Bathroom
If you have the space, a chair, or even a small stool, makes a bathroom feel more spa-like. In designer Victoria Pearson's Ojai, California home, a tufted armchair, purchased from a 20th Century Fox prop sale, practically begs you to unwind. Gauzy curtains from Ikea let sunlight peek through the French doors. Tip: For upholstered pieces, choose an outdoor fabric to help resist moisture.
More from House Beautiful
- Beautiful Designer Bedrooms
- 20 Decorating Secrets No One Ever Told You
- 10 Ways Accessories Can Transform a Room
- 8 Quick Decorating Changes
- Design Your Dream Kitchen 3D Tool