Lisa Teague set the palette for her whole house by brushing a spectrum of shades on the risers of her staircase—the first thing people see when they walk in the door. "I wanted to make a statement, but a subtle one," she explains.
For her stairs, Teague mixed glaze into the paint to achieve this lightly weathered effect.
- Lifestyle TV: House & Home: Stylish New York-style apartment
- The best homes of 2011
- House & Home's 2012 paint trends
More from Country Living
- 25 Living Rooms You'll Love
- The Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Decorating
- 70 Ideas for Your Bedroom
- 9 Makeovers You Can Do in a Day (or Less)
- 10 Quick Decorating Projects for Every Room in Your House