In Lisa Teague's living room, a window frame from an old barn hangs above the sofa, handed down from a client. The decorator repurposed a vintage upholstered ottoman—its legs recast in turquoise—as a coffee table.
"This cool green wall causes the others to recede—which makes my narrow living room feel larger," says Teague, who used Sea Glass paint from her own line. "Plus, the sofa and artwork would've disappeared against white."
- Lifestyle TV: House & Home: Stylish New York-style apartment
- The best homes of 2011
- House & Home's 2012 paint trends
More from Country Living
- 25 Living Rooms You'll Love
- The Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Decorating
- 70 Ideas for Your Bedroom
- 9 Makeovers You Can Do in a Day (or Less)
- 10 Quick Decorating Projects for Every Room in Your House