Whitewashing the walls in this attic bedroom heightened the drama of its pointed arch. "I love the way the horizontal boards emphasize the lines of the pitched ceiling," Stella says. She found the turn-of-the century iron bed on her first trip to Montana; the chandelier came from an antiques store in Santa Barbara. An English Home quilt (on the bed) and Matteo blanket (draped over the banister) keep the scene from feeling chilly.
Bright Idea: No need to call an electrician: Simply hang a chandelier from a hook, with the chain doubling as jewelry.
- How to clean everything that's white
- Lifestyle TV:House & Home: Colourful family home
- Gorgeous traditional kitchens
More from Country Living
- 93 Ideas for Your Bedroom
- 55 Living Rooms Youll Love
- 70 Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- 40 Amazing Before-and-After Home Makeovers
- 9 Makeovers You Can Do in a Day (or Less):
Pick up some tips for decorating the living room of a small apartment in this interior design video from Howcast.
Date 13-07-09, Duration 1:19, Views 26228
More Lifestyle Videos