Conventional wisdom dictates white on wainscoting and colour above, but Stella flipped that combination by painting the trim in her master bathroom a (custom-blended) mossy green and the upper walls ivory. Along the way, she gained a cozy corner that seems to hug her vintage tub. "I wanted to create a sense of intimacy," she explains, "and still make the height of the room feel as if it goes on forever." Stella bought the towel-and-robe rack at Restoration Hardware.
Bright Idea: Who says a bathroom mirror has to be all business? Certainly not this beveled beauty.
- How to clean everything that's white
- Lifestyle TV:House & Home: Colourful family home
- Gorgeous traditional kitchens
More from Country Living
- 93 Ideas for Your Bedroom
- 55 Living Rooms Youll Love
- 70 Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- 40 Amazing Before-and-After Home Makeovers
- 9 Makeovers You Can Do in a Day (or Less):
Pick up some tips for decorating the living room of a small apartment in this interior design video from Howcast.
Date 13-07-09, Duration 1:19, Views 26242
More Lifestyle Videos