A mirrored backsplash in this shabby chic Manhattan apartment gives the illusion of more space. "The kitchen opens up to the living room on one side and the family room, where we eat and watch TV, on the other," says designer Faye Cone. "The idea was that it should be an extension of both these spaces."
More from House Beautiful
- 20 Decorating Secrets No One Ever Told You
- Everything You Need for a Perfect Kitchen
- The Hottest Paint Colors Right Now
- Stunning Bedroom Decor Ideas
- Weekend Home Makeovers That Are Totally Doable