Before you completely clean out your vanity, get resourceful and repurpose your beauty staples for a slew of other uses. Find out how, here!
Hold onto empty makeup palettes to store broken chunks of blushes, powder foundations, bronzers, and eye shadows. Bonus: This will help keep your cosmetics area clutter-free.
- 6 ways to green your beauty routine
- Stop wasting, start saving the environment
- More on our Greener Living Guide
More from Real Beauty
- 101 Lazy Girl Makeover Tips
- 33 Surprising Things That Ruin Your Skin
- 10 Beauty Looks Men Find Sexy
- 101 Budget Beauty Buys
- 27 Things Every Woman Should Know for Better Sex
Conditioner works great for shaving too! It generally has a wax or lubricant like silicone to help avoid nicks.
Hair elastics for wires work great! Bobby pins with the nubs off the end also work well for holding clothing with a wide neck or thin straps on a hanger.
Be mindful when storing old sunscreens in your car it can damage the product due to the changes in temp going from hot to cold, causing separation and break down of active ingredients.
I know I am commenting alot, but I think it is very important to know which of these tips may end up being more wasteful in the end if the research on how effective they are hasn't been done in the first place. :)