My kids hate date night. For some reason, seeing my husband and me getting ready to go out for a night on the town (or more likely, chicken wings and beer) throws them off the deep end. So you can imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth that ensued when we left them for five days! But despite the drama, says Speers, it’s good for children to see their parents dedicating special time to their relationship as a couple. “Whether they like it or not, you’re modeling what a healthy relationship looks like.”
- Lifestyle TV: He said, she said: Secrets to keeping the romance alive
- 8 relationship habits to kick this year
- Love lessons from super tight celeb couples
More Stories from iVillage.ca
- How Much Time Should a Couple Spend Together?
- 10 Signs He's a Keeper
- 5 Canadian Honeymoon Hot Spots
- Don't Settle! Make Him Better in Bed - Tonight!