It’s Tuesday afternoon. You have no plans tonight (except maybe a spin class you’re dreading anyway). The phone rings and it’s the guy you just started dating: He was just given tickets to a play you really want to see. But it starts in three hours! Do you really want him to know you had no plans? Won’t it seem desperate to accept such a last-minute offer? “The idea that a woman shouldn’t accept a last-minute date offer is as outdated as the one that she shouldn’t wear pants,” says Della Casa. “While you shouldn’t be so available that you get tossed into the ‘sure-thing standby’ category, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with accepting a same-day invitation from someone you are interested in seeing.”
- Lifestyle TV: Best relationship advice for couples
- Can you ever really be happy for an ex?
- 10 things we wish we'd known before getting serious
More Stories from iVillage.ca
- 9 Dating Mistakes Women Make
- What Are Your Biggest Dating Deal Breakers?
- The Pros and Cons of Dating a Younger Man
- What Your Guy’s Sex Style Says About Him
what's so great about five o' clock shadow
? a woman might think he's macho but does she really want beard burn?
the outfit in the first pic is not very chic, and doesn't fit--no wonder he's on the phone
You're not just missing opportunities with the opposite sex—research shows shy people are less likely to be promoted. But you can change.
Date 10-09-07, Duration 2:23, Views 291479
More Lifestyle Videos