Strip joints, like pornographic movies, appeal to the most primal sexual instincts, which few men (if any) can ignore. It's simply a shame that our girlfriends and wives can't accept that we like seeing beautiful women dancing naked on stage. Despite this logic, the lie still propagates in relationships because it reassures your woman that there is no one else in the world worth fantasizing about. Still, in reality, it's natural for us to enjoy this genre of entertainment, just as many women watch soap operas for the handsome men and romantic sex scenes (though they may not admit it).
- The top 10 lies women tell men
- 10 things you can't change about men
- Lifestyle TV: Before you date, investigate your mate
Information is current as of the original date of publication.
More Stories from iVillage.ca
- Men and Porn: Is it Just a 'Guy' Thing?
- How to Read His Body Language
- Man-Speak: How to Decipher What He's Really Saying
- Three Ways to Get Your Guy to Listen
No, I actually DON'T like strip joints. I find them disgusting and degrading to women.
Yes, I DO think my lady is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. While it's true that we all find others attractive, it does NOT mean we want them.
This article is bogus.
This has to be one of MSN's most ridiculous, terribly written articles to-date.
It paints men as manipulating, misogynistic bastards, and women as annoying, idiotic nobodies. While it's true certain persons match these descriptions to a "T", it is completely unfair and small-minded to squeeze every person into that stereotypical mold.
Truthfully, if a man is so selfish as to desire other women as much as you say he does while constantly lying to the one he's chosen to be with, then he doesn't deserve either. The same principle also applies, of course, to women.
The views in this article are warped and biased. The author is either a very bitter, love-burned man or an angry, man-hating woman (no, I'm not even going to dignify them by checking their byline). Either way they are obviously not in a position to be giving reliable relationship advice.
First off, an article about the lies men tell written by a woman who's inspired by Cosmo isn't exactly what I would consider a reliable sournce of information on the topic.
1. Any woman that asks if she looks fat in something is just treading into risky territory. I never ask that question because I don’t really care what he thinks I look like most of the time.
2. If your relationship is that unstable that finding out your man goes to strip clubs is a major problem then you have bigger issues.
3. I wish! The guy I’m with hits every problem head on and beats it to death till he’s sure it’ll never come up again. A little ruthless, but effective.
4. Comparing me to a celebrity isn’t going to win you any extra points.
5. I know my cooking sucks. His sucks too. But saying if it sucks you “may start offering to help out with dinner” like it’s the woman’s job or something is really sexists. You want to eat well, learn to cook for yourself!
6. I think of other men, thinking that he doesn’t think of other women is pretty naive.
7. He uses my razor all the time.
8. I’m not a fan of the chick flick. I find them boring and patronizing. I’d much rather watch something with a good chase scene and explosions.
9. I hate spending time with my Mom, if anyone said this to me I would fear for their sanity.
10. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve heard this from my man. After 14 years I hope that all 4 times he’s said it he really meant it. Yes, I'm counting!
A relationship is more fruitful if you don’t sweat the small stuff and just be honest with each other. All this article does is perpetuate stereotypes of a dysfunctional relationship.
I am so tired and fed up with articles like this where men are the target of everything that is wrong in a relationship.
Let's have equal time for the men and let's hear about some of the faults that may be attributable to the women of this world.
Wow! this is nothing but Bull****! there are men out there who love their women and dont even say half of this crap! i only have two questions for the authour of this article. Did your boyfriend just break up with you?, is that why you're writing all this crap, and did no one ever teach you that there is two sides to reporting? this is clearly only one sided!